Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday in Pécs (Southern Hungary)

Today we went to Pecs. It’s a great trip. I got up at 6:20 am. It’s my first time to get up at 6:20am in Budapest so I felt great. Then we went to the train station and got to the train. Everyone took a nap and after a while (3 hours) we arrived in Pecs. I love this city. we visited a church, a cathedral and an art museum. I really like the art museum. It showed us the paintings by famous artist Csontváry. I’ve never heard him before but I can still tell he was an great artist. His paintings are really difficult for me to understand but I’m pretty sure  these works are valuable. I ordered roast lamb and beef soup for my lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch I went to McDonalds to do my math homework. It was great to do math in Pecs. Then we went back. It’s a great day! 

After visiting the museum of Csontváry, the class was allowed to split up and go explore the city as we pleased. Some went to a small mall, while others kept exploring the city. One group wanted to get a better view of the city and so they set off to the large hills that lined the city. From the top you could see everything! It was truly spectacular. Parts of the path up this very steep hill did not have railings and so it was quite scary ascending to the top, but it was well worth it. Once the class met back up, we boarded our train and set off back to Budapest. Many slept, some did their math homework, and some played cards. Regardless, everyone was exhausted once we got back! It had been a long day filled with many new sights and experiences. It was great to spend the day outside of the classroom! Until next time!

-Jedediah and Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment