Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Saturday in Budapest

Szia!

Evan and Jedediah here! This was the first Saturday here in Budapest and we are having a great time! Today we started out with class in the morning. We were supposed to have a quiz today in class but professor Hanson was kind enough to give us the option to take the quiz with us and turn it in tomorrow night. After class, everybody went the separate ways. I, Evan, decided to find a fitness club my friend had told me about and so I set off for the first time on my own. It was much different than traveling in a large group. Many people have told me if I truly wanted to experience a city, especially the size of Budapest, you must travel on your own. I was able to observe the people in their quiet demeanor and seemingly standoffish nature. A few times I got lost and couldn't get my bearings so I asked for directions and the people were very helpful. They readily answered the best they could with whatever english they knew, I was very grateful for their help! The Hungarian lessons came in handy as well as I was able to understand some key phrases and words when traveling across the city. It was quite the experience.

I, Jedidiah, went to the Hungarian hot spring. It was fantastic! It was indoor and there were several different springs there. There was a big pool in the mid of the main room. The temperature was not very high in this pool and there was a smaller one at the right side, and the smaller one was much warmer. There was also a wet sauna room at the other side. Next to the wet sauna room there was an extremely cold spring. Some crazy people liked to jumped into this cold spring after the wet sauna room… We spent 2 or 3 hours there then went for dinner. The dinner was also super good. I ordered catfish and this was my first time having catfish in Hungary. After the dinner we tried to go to the market and an ice cream shop but they were both closed. Then we just went back to the hotel. It was a super fun day.

Szia!



Jedediah and Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment